Paint Your Garage Door Like a Pro
Winter has a tendency to wear out fences, outdoors furniture and facades, including your garage door. Ideally, you would just replace the door, the furniture and do some massive remodeling to the facade. However, not everyone has the money to undergo huge home improvement project every season.
Nevertheless, by the time bbq season starts, you will probably want to get your house looking top notch for the envy of your friends and family, and some worth-bragging-about weekend portraits. If that’s the case, you might want to learn how to paint your garage door like a professional.
[Related Topics: somers garage doors, clermont garage doors, hudson garage doors, woodstock garage doors, cornwall garage doors, garage doors lakeville ct]
A good paint job can make a great difference and it’s not nearly as expensive as a full remodeling or replacing all of your outdoors furniture or your garage door. When the temperature raises and the ice melts, these tips will help you accomplish a flawless paint job.
How To Paint Your Garage Door Like A Professional
- Prep the door. Use a brush or heavy cloth to remove any dry dirt or scraps of paint from the surface.
- Wash the entire door with trisodium phosphate to remove any traces of grease and oil residue.
- Rinse with plenty of water and let it dry overnight.
- Protect all the the edges with painting tape.
- With 220-grit sandpaper, rub your entire garage door until you’ve managed to turn it into an adhesive surface. Just be careful not to use steel wool.
- Rinse again and let it dry completely.
- Choose the right primer paint. This is specially important when the steel is exposed on your garage door.
- Choose your colors and make sure to buy a good quality latex paint.
- Apply a coat of your paint and let it completely dry before applying the second one.
- If you’re feeling extra fancy, add a coat of finishing lacquer after the second coat of paint is completely dry.
To make sure your receive proper maintenance, try to contact a professional or garage door expert.
This post is sponsored by Hudson Valley Overhead Doors & Operations, one of the leading Carmel garage doors experts. Contact them today by calling at (845) 876-2772.